ALPFA is the largest national community for Latino business professionals and students with 40 chapters nationwide and over 22,000 members. Our mission is to build Latino business leaders, by developing leadership and career skills and enhancing career and networking opportunities for our members. Membership in ALPFA is offered to all who are interested in relationship building, leadership development, and professional growth, particularly those in business, accounting, finance, law and related fields.
Who We Are
ALPFA attracts professionals that are dynamic, successful and have a commitment to our mission. Members include professionals in industries such as: venture capital, private equity, banking, information technology, financial services, education, government/regulatory, insurance, law, marketing, and other fields, who:
- Share a passionate commitment to increasing opportunities for Latinos
- Are dedicated to the professional and personal growth of our members
- Cultivate initiative and leadership within a spirit of teamwork
- Believe in the power of networking to create value for all members and stakeholders
- Foster an environment that thrives on mentoring relationships
- Value promotion and preservation of bicultural heritage and bilingual skills
- Embrace advocacy and community service
Why Become a Member
ALPFA New York coordinates programs and initiatives that help its members grow by providing professional development opportunities. Members benefit by building a valuable network within and outside their field, and being exposed to development and education that can be used to make an impact within their own careers. The myriad benefits are valuable and include:
- Professional development — ALPFA allows professionals to develop social, leadership, problem solving, and relationship building skills that can enhance client interaction and improve project performance and efficiency through opportunities such as:
- Roles serving on local/national boards and committees to build leadership skills and experience
- Developing public speaking and presentation skills at ALPFA workshops
- Member Discounts to NYC’s premier leadership events and GMAT prep programs through strategic alliance partners such as Bell Curves and Becker
- Access to business leaders
- Exclusive invitations to career expos hosted by New York’s leading firms and companies
- Access to the ALPFA Career Center- where our sponsors post job opportunities that are specifically for ALPFA members
- Access to workshops and Q&A’s with leading B-School admissions staff and prep programs
- Programs — ALPFA NY has a variety of programs, targeted at the specific demographics of our professional community providing the tools and insight needed to succeed, including:
- Annual Women of ALPFA Summit — WOA creates opportunities for professional Latinas through leadership skills, training, mentoring and career advancement. through a panel discussion of visionary executives from industry leaders, exciting workshop sessions, a keynote speaker and networking reception where members build relationships with other empowered and motivated leaders
- Annual Finance Summit — discussions centered on the latest industry trends and regulatory issues
- Technical Excellence Series — a series of workshops geared at providing leadership development and technical education
- Executive Power Breakfast Series — designed specifically for mid-career and executive-level professionals with 10+ years of experience to network and exchange best practices
- ALPFA Law — serving as a bridge for bringing together New York’s diverse business and legal communities
- ALPFA Cares — ALPFA partners with organizations such as National Academy Foundation to give back to our communities
- Networking — ALPFA provides opportunities for members to mix and meet with colleagues and potential clients who share interests in banking, business, accounting, finance, law and similar fields. ALPFA membership includes invitations to our exclusive social fundraising events including:
- Masquerade Ball
- Holiday Social
- One-year Digital Subscription to Hispanic Business magazine and Diversity Inc.
How to become a Member
Many firms have expense policies that reimburse their employees for the membership fees paid to participate in professional associations like ALPFA. Check with your HR Manager for your firm’s policy. To apply for membership, please click the link below. Applications are reviewed by the Board promptly.
Join or Renew Today!
For more information about ALPFA New York or any of our programs, visit our website at http://newyork.alpfa.org.